The corporate governance practice counsels boards of directors and senior executives on the full range of corporate governance issues that confront companies and their leadership, including:
- Board structure and composition;
- Duties of independent board chair or independent lead director;
- Board committee structure and composition and board committee charters;
- Senior executive and director succession planning;
- Board and board committee evaluation and self-evaluation processes;
- Enterprise risk identification and risk management;
- Senior executive and director compensation policies and planning;
- Representation of boards and board committees; and
- Best practices for corporate governance, including review and updating of charter and bylaws.
In addition to counseling on governance matters, I also provide advice and support in transactional and crisis management situations, including:
- Conflict of interest and related party transactions;
- Foreign corrupt practices inquiries and investigations;
- Review of actions of domestic and international subsidiaries;
- Government investigations; and
- Special board committee investigations and reports.